Probate Law FirmServing SW Michigan & Northern Indiana
Probate / Estate Administration – What We Do
Nothing is more difficult than losing a loved one. It seems like the worst time to try navigating the legal and financial complexities of probate and estate administration. We understand and know how emotional and stressful this can be. We help you honor your loved ones’ wishes and settle their estates properly and efficiently.
Why Clients Hire LaBre Law for Probate and Why You Should Consider Hiring an Attorney:
- Reduces Your Stress – Why guess or do things incorrectly? We know the process and work with you throughout the process.
- Outdated, Contradictory or Vague Wills – A will does not avoid probate, and many wills have issues. A lawyer helps you navigate the holes a will may have.
- Avoid or Minimize Family Disputes – Wills sometimes exclude family members. Others may call wills into question. Family members may simply disagree on how to handle inherited property. When a lawyer is involved, these issues are often minimized or avoided altogether.
- Allows You to Focus on Your Family & Job – If you have little free time, then getting help from a law firm saves you time.
- To Keep Everything Organized – There can be a lot of moving parts involved. We properly organize inventories, accounting sheets, and other probate court forms. In short this can speed up the probate process.
- If You Don’t Know the Laws or Paperwork – Probate laws and even the forms are written in a detailed and hard to understand language. A lawyer helps protect you to ensure the law is being followed.
- When Estate Assets are Complicated – Certain assets like real estate, art or a business can create complications or additional steps like appraisals. We’ve handled many of these situations to help maximize what the beneficiaries receive.
- Your Reputation Can Be at Stake – If you were named the fiduciary, you have a duty to act in the best interest of the estate. If you fail in your duty, you may personally be liable. An attorney ensures you do things properly.
- Avoid Potential Tax Problems – After someone passes away, their estate still needs to file a final tax return. If taxes are due or past taxes have accumulated or past returns were not filed, professional help can be very helpful.
Questions or to Schedule a Case Consultation
Client Reviews – LaBre Law Office
Posted by Scott
April 24, 2017
I wanted to thank Mr LaBre for all the care and hard work he put into taking care of my fathers estate after he passed. My father passed away unexpectedly and without a will. I am from Indiana and needed a Michigan attorney and he was recommended to me by an Indian Attorney because of his great reputation. During a time of loss and emotion he took the burden off and worry of all legal matters. He was prompt, on time and everything moved along just as he said it would. If you are in need of an attorney I would highly recommend him, you wont be disappointed and his fee’s were very reasonable. Thank you for making a difficult time easy!
Posted by Chris & Ken
May 26, 2018
Found Our Lawyer!
My husband and I are moving to Michigan from Chicago and were looking for a local attorney to update our wills. Rob handled our wills and explained every step of the probate process. I am a legal secretary in Chicago and have worked with lawyers for 45 years. We are very pleased to find such a knowledgeable, professional lawyer who we are comfortable with and confident that he can handle any future legal issues we may have.
Posted by Lisa
February 28, 2019
Mr. LaBre was an excellent attorney to process the paper work and guide in the closing of my mother’s estate. He made the entire process, less stressful and educated my family and myself on the importance of planning for the end of life. I would recommend him to anyone who would find the process over whelming and confusing!
Posted by Kerry
Very professional manner
Attorney Rob LaBre, and his staff, were excellent to deal with and handled my difficult divorce in a very professional manner. I would highly recommend the LaBre Law firm to anyone requiring their services!
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“responded quickly any time I had a question or concern”, “explained everything completely”, “very quick and easy process”, “focused on client priorities for the outcome”, “knew the law”, “honest, genuine, and professional”, “very prompt with appt”, “was able to adapt his approach to our case throughout the process”, “answered all of our questions clearly and through”, “always checked in with me and kept me updated”, “very caring, passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable”, “ultimately we won our case”, “most professional lawyer I’ve ever had”, “was able to get my case closed early”, “payed close attention to detail”, “really got to know my case”, “great lawyer and great person”, “price was extremely fair”, “had my back”, “worked hard for me”, “gets right to the point and tells you what can happen”, “understood the urgency of our situation”, “solved my dilemma quickly”, “worked with me after hours and some late nights due to my work schedule”, “very involved in every facet his case”, “leaves no stone unturned”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm then contact us to see if we are right for your situation and how we can help you not only get through it but live happily ever after a divorce.
Our Location – Serving SW Michigan / North Central Indiana
We help families both locally within and near the SW Michigan / Northern Indiana border. Clients come to us from Edwardsburg, Niles, Eau Claire, South Bend, Elkhart, Bristol, Buchanan, Sumnerville, Cassopolis, Dowagiac, Williamsville, Lydick, Jamestown, Dunlap, Gulivoire Park and surrounding areas.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our law office (269) 663-8554 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.